Aims & Vision
Our Vision (our core belief)
What we are is God's gift to us.
What we become is our gift to God.
We review this vision, our mission, our aims and the key drivers to school improvement on an annual basis. They were last updated in May 2018.
Our Mission (why we do what we do)
For every child in our care to be guided by the teachings of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and be equipped with the character, learning power and knowledge necessary for success and happiness in life.
Our Aims (what we are working towards)
* To live our Catholic faith by promoting the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each person in recognition that we are made in God’s image and uniquely loved by God.
* To offer a rich, diverse and creative curriculum within a safe and stimulating environment, enhanced through extra-curricular opportunities.
* To maximise the development of our learners by the use of new technologies, alongside traditional skills.
* To encourage children to make choices in their learning and empower families to assist in these choices, recognising that everyone has different strengths and talents.
Key Drivers to School Improvement (how we do it)
- Sustain the Catholic identity and ethos of the school and support the faith journey of all members of our community
- Maximise potential progress and achievement for all pupils through carefully planned provision, strategic feedback and liaison with outside professionals. This will ensure outstanding teaching and learning, leading to consistently high standards and excellent rates of progress
- Deliver a creative curriculum which encourages life-long learning habits, whilst maintaining progression in key skills, including innovative technology, to inspire learning
- Maintain a safe environment which enables effective and creative teaching and learning, whilst maximising the opportunities for outdoor learning
- Promote community cohesion and participation through the celebration of diversity in our school and in the wider community, whilst ensuring respect and equality for all.