Breakfast Club and Drop Off Club
We have a highly successful Breakfast Club which is open to all pupils. Parents may enrol their children in this activity which begins at 7.45 am each morning and continues until 8.45 am. It has proved to be a most popular and successful service, offering our pupils a very healthy breakfast and lots of fun activities which are also linked to the teaching curriculum. The cost for each session is £4.50 (inclusive of breakfast) and the club is open to all pupils from Nursery age through to Year 6. If you would like to know more about Breakfast Club please contact the school office.
Alternatively, for those families who simply require their child to be supervised from 8.20 am there is the option of the Drop Off Club, which costs £2.00 per session.
Breakfast Club Forms
Our popular Breakfast Club aims to:
- Serve the families in our community: we aim to provide quality care for those children whose parents work.
- Provide breakfast for children who, due to time constraints and other circumstances, may have difficulty in eating a full breakfast at home.
- Provide activities that will stimulate the children’s minds and prepare them for an successful day of learning.
Promoting a healthy lifestyle
We endeavour to:
- Provide a healthy breakfast for our children that will include cereals (high fibre, low sugar, low salt) with fresh milk, fruit and fresh juice and water to drink. We observe the regulations laid out in our Food Policy.
- Ensure that staff are aware of the importance of good hygiene practice and procedures.
- Maintain a comprehensive record of allergy information and specific dietary needs for each child.
- Ensure that the same care of children’s physical health and regard of sickness and infection will apply as it does to the running of the School Ensure that the club has full regard for equal opportunities and inclusion, including children with special educational needs or particular physical needs
Staff, Learning and Play
We endeavour to:
- Support our pupils in the development of their confidence, independence and self-esteem.
- Provide healthy food in accordance with our Food Policy and the government’s regulations and guidelines.
- Provide opportunities through activities and play that allow children to gain experience of satisfying curiosity and develop their skills as learners. They will extend their thinking skills, as well as use their imaginations and build on social development.
- Encourage our children to make positive behaviour choices, reject negative behaviour and enhance their understanding of what is right and what is wrong.
- Build positive working relationships with parents so that we may gain a clear understanding of any particular needs for each child and parents are able to support our provision.
- Listen to and value what the children say: staff have high expectations of behaviour and learning and will encourage the children to be the best that they can be.
- Reinforce and consolidate learning that is happening in School and provide opportunities that will be of value to current learning.
- Provide opportunities to relax, as well as be active.
- Be aware that some children have special needs and be proactive in promoting the welfare and development of these particular children through appropriate activities, maintaining full communication with parents
The Setting and Environment
- We shall ensure that the premises, both indoor and outdoor, is safe, secure and welcoming. The area used will be maintained under the same rigorous health and safety regulations that apply to the whole school.
- Furniture and equipment will be subject to the same scrutiny as that for the rest for the School to ensure that it is appropriate and suited to need. The safety of our children is a priority and we shall ensure that precautions are taken to prevent accidents to regular checks and removal of hazards.
- Staff will supervise children at all times. However, should it at any time be realised that a child is missing all staff will follow the following procedure: Members of School Staff will be notified immediately and a search will commence over the immediate and extended premises, indoors and outdoors. Every incident will be reported to parents. If concern about a child’s whereabouts becomes a serious concern, both police and parents will be advised. Staff and children will follow clearly defined procedures for the emergency evacuation of the premises in the case of fire.
We follow the School’s Behaviour Policy. We encourage good behaviour and teach the children to make positive behaviour choices.
Our Partnership with Parents
We endeavour to:
- Work in close partnership with parents and carers to meet the needs of all children.
- Keep parents fully informed about hours, activities, staffing, routines and contact information.
- Make Policy information available to parents on request.
If parents have any concerns they should first discuss them with the Club Managers. If further clarification is required, they are welcome to make an appointment to speak to the Headteacher. In exceptional circumstances, should parents feel the need to make a formal complaint they are invited to put details of their concerns in writing for full investigation – we shall respond with a full outcome within 15 days. If the matter remains unresolved parents may write directly to Ofsted at Cumberland Place, Nottingham, NG1 6HJ.
Safeguarding is central to all that we do as a school, as children’s health and wellbeing is vital in enabling them to flourish. We comply fully with Hertfordshire Area Child Protection Procedures and Government Safeguarding Children in Education Policy. All staff have received appropriate levels of training and are aware of procedures when a concern becomes apparent. We will keep a full record of concerns and observations that may be required if a referral to Social Services is made. The best interests and the protection of the children remain priority. Procedures and practices are clearly laid out in the School’s Policy held for Child Protection All Documents relating to the organisation of the Breakfast Club will be carefully maintained and kept for recommended periods of time.