Aims & Vision
What we are is God's gift to us.
What we become is our gift to God.
We review this vision and our aims on an annual basis - they were last updated in May 2017,
The community of St. Thomas More Catholic Primary School aims to serve as a witness to Our Lord Jesus Christ and to the Catholic faith at all times. STM was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Jesus and Mary to provide education for children of Catholic families. As a Catholic school, we aim to provide a Catholic education for all our pupils. Catholic doctrine and practice permeate every aspect of the school's activity. It is therefore essential that the Catholic character of the school's education be fully supported by all families in the school.
- To live our Catholic faith by promoting the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each person, in recognition that we are made in God’s image and uniquely loved by God.
- To offer a rich, diverse and creative curriculum within a safe and stimulating environment, enhanced through extra-curricular opportunities.
- To maximise the development of our learners by the use of new technologies, alongside traditional skills.
- To encourage children to make choices in their learning and empower families to assist in these choices, recognising that everyone has different strengths and talents.
Key Drivers to School Improvement
- Sustain the Catholic identity and ethos of the school and support the faith journey of all members of our community
- Maximise potential progress and achievement for all pupils through carefully planned provision and feedback. This will ensure outstanding teaching and learning, leading to consistently high standards and excellent rates of progress
- Deliver a creative curriculum which encourages life-long learning habits, whilst maintaining progression in key skills, including innovative technology, to inspire learning
- Maintain a safe environment which enables effective and creative teaching and learning, whilst maximising the opportunities for outdoor learning
- Promote community cohesion and participation through the celebration of diversity in our school and in the wider community, whilst ensuring respect and equality for all.